Menu

Addicted to Tiramisu!



I miss blogging.. i miss this space and i miss interacting with my readers.. am taking a break fm baking till next week to spend quality time with my family.. i thought that would be the best thing to do after i hit 44yrs old yesterday ahaks.. To all that sent me greetings via Email, FB. phone... thank you so much!

Yes yes.. I turned a year older yesterday and i spent it with my loved ones.. invited everyone over and it was a blast.. now.. now.. i know i shouldnt promise anything but i hv tons and tons of pics to share.. Penang pics, my cousin Nadia's engagement pics and of cos my bday celebration pics.. time is really not on my side for now and for the past 10 days i hv not been well twice.. so i hope to keep on blogging next year and wishing everyone a wonderful year ahead.. May 2013 bring happiness to everyone...

So ok this is the last recipe that i will be sharing this year.. its a recipe which i had created impromptu  hehe.. its delish and am not ashamed to admit that i can eat two slices in one go... ishhh Rima Rima.. no wonder u cant stop coughing!

Ingredients
250ml cold heavy whipping cream
227g mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp espresso extract
1 tsp tiramisu essence

120-140g semi-sweet chocolate shavings
Cocoa powder, for dusting
a pack of ladyfingers (homemade and store-bought work equally well)
2 cups of strong coffee

Method
In a large bowl, whip heavy cream and 2 tbsp of powdered sugar until it forms stiff peaks... place it in ur fridge

In another bowl, whisk together mascarpone, powdered sugar, vanilla essence. Whisk in espresso extract and tiramisu essence. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.

To Assemble
Slice ladyfingers into 3/4 high.. place it around ur pan..

One at a time, very gently dip both sides of each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture, lining bottom of a 8" inch Springform pan. Dip and line as you go. The ladyfingers can break apart, so don’t dip them too long. About a 2-second dip on each side. Trim any ladyfingers as needed so that it fits comfortably in pan. Split mascarpone filling in half. Spread half of the filling on top of ladyfingers. Dust with cocoa powder and chocolate shaving. Repeat dipping and lining for second layer of ladyfingers. Spread remaining mascarpone filling on top. Dust with cocoa. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Chill overnight in springform pan to set.

Enjoy!

13 comments:

Nisa-mom said...

Happy Belate Birthday,Rima.. :) wishing you the best and the cake is pretty as always..
*are you sagitarius or Capricorn girl ? :D

Hesti HH. said...

Happy Birthday dear kak Rima,
Semoga sehat selalu, tambah disayang suami,diberi umur dan rezeki yang selalu barokah, amiin. Btw ngileeeeer sangat dengan tiramisunya...

Kniedaz said...

Happy belated birthday
^_^

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kak Rima..the cake nampak nyummss..love your blog..:)

fatbottomgal said...

Happy Birthday Rima :-) yep,i look forward to more of you here next year and more years to come <3

Nora W, Port Dickson

nizaineese said...

Happy birthday kak rima

It's me... said...

Happy belated birthday Kak Rima.... I always thot you are much younger than your age. Now I know that you are errr... 'mature' than me so I have to call you kakak laaa....
anyway, I'm sure you had the best day ever, surrounded by the loved ones... looking forward for the photos...

-Anoi

Azian said...

Kek Gembirakan Hatiku....

Rima said...

Ty Nisa for the wish.. am capricorn girl hehe

Ty Hesti for the wish.. Amin.. do it ok.. senang and enak tiramisu ini

Ty Kniedaz!

Ty Rina for the wish... ty for coming to my humble blog

Ty Nora for the wish... hopefully i will hv a better time management and keep on blogging

Rima said...

Ty Niza

Ty Yaya for the wish... hv a great year ahead of u ok...

Ty Anoi for the wish.. alahhh dah tua pong.. 44 is a good number.. mature gitew hehehe

Azian - my kind of dessert too!

n33za said...

hi rima.. i'm new here.. can u teach me how to stick the ladyfingers fir deciration as the picture above, did u just letak mcm tuh aje?or else?

Rima said...

n33za
yes yes.. u letak mcm tu ajer.. keliling the springfoam pan.. gula facing outside ok

Suzy Effendi said...

asslm sis Rima. i am wondering if we can replace espresso paste and tiramisu essence with Mocha Paste? couldnt find any at the nearest bakery shop

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..