Menu

Chewy Butterfinger Cookies



Yahooo.. its friday and u know whos coming home to mama?? oh yesss.. none other than my partner in crime ahaks.. honestly? i am super tired.. my body is taking a toll on me and its been a long week for me..yesterday i took Sonia to the indoor playground and while playing she suddenly felt sick..  she came running to me and told me that she felt like vomitting.. i think she must hv vomitted like four times and her face was as pale as a sheet! i quickly took her home.. let her sleep and shes feeling better now.. i think her head must hv felt dizzy while playing "spinning wheel".. she later told me that she had spinned herself so fast that she felt like vomitting..  ishhh Sonia.. Sonia


Ever heard of butterfinger candy? i dont know if i shud call it candy or chocolate.. the bottom line is .. this is the first time i came across it.. i didnt even know of their existance lol.. shame on u Rima! hahaha..

I came across this recipe while googling for a new cookie recipe.. hubs had taken home 3 empty bottles fm his office - (Rima pls bake me cookies).. the very same day.. Hairi came home fm work and was asking if there was any cookie that he cud munch.. when i pointed out to the store bought ones.. he said.. err.. later lah mama - (Mama pls bake me cookie).. the next day Sonia came home fm school wanting to bake something - (Mama i want to help u bake cookies)

So with all that.. i decided to bake cookies... doubled the recipe and got three bottles for my three gremlins lol.. so ladies.. go to the supermarket and get urself a packet of fun pack Butterfingers .. bake these cookies cos its chewy, sticky and to die for! Yums!


Butterfinger Cookies
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 large egg
8 fun-sized Butterfinger candy bars, chopped

Preheat oven to 375.
Combine flour,baking soda, and salt in a small bowl
Beat sugar and butter using an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg.
Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in Butterfinger pieces by hand. Dough will be very thick.
Drop using slightly rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes and let cool several minutes on baking sheets before transferring to baking racks. (I baked mine for 10mins to get those chewy cookies)

Yield: 2 dozen

Source: Fort Mill SC Living
Recipe fm: Sallys baking addiction

Bef i go.. to the Lions X11.. u hv done us proud!! - and to the the ref: KAYU! Muaahahaha


7 comments:

Nisa-mom said...

oh,poor little one,hope she will feel better soon. Happy friday to you,Rima.. this gonna be my recipe for weekend and let my daughter help to make it *keep her quite little bit, she is just too much energy. Gosh, I'm getting old. LOL

CS said...

Rimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... *lari mengah2 nih*

Memula tengok your cookies tu, dah tau I takkan buat (bukan malas, ahaks tapi oven rosak, ehem) TAPI bila tengok that Butterfinger choc I dah mula excited!!!

T bought a packet as a bday gift to TB. Sangat sedap kan? Thot of putting it on my blog tapi mcm tak sempat, but today I must, woot2..

Anonymous said...

Hi Rima,

Nice, simple recipe. They do sell butterfingers in the US. But I have never came across them in Singapore. May I ask where you purchased yours from?

Btw, I love your new kitchen. So huge and spacious :)

Regards,
Sally

Rima said...

Tell me abt it Nisa.. Sonia is so so super active that i just gv up lol.. i let her talk.. i let her do just abt anything.. had to layan dia all the time.. penats!

Rima said...

CS
if tak kerana nak halloween.. i tak de kuasa nak pi tengok tengok tempat candy.. kira if dapat ku elak kan tu chocolate area.. ku dapat jugak tahan nafsu.. but halloween is near and sonia usually nak beli all sort of chocolate .. nak letak kat pumpkin basket.. tak kuasa kadang nak melayan dia but being a mother .. ahem... ku beli kan lah jugak berpacket packet.. tu yg benda ni ade.. if not i dont thin they sell it.. well maybe they do lah.. ku ajer yg tak ferasan ahaks

Rima said...

Ty Sally.. i like my new kitchen too.. especially now that its raining season.. masak kat dapur macam masak kat tepi pantai hahaha

U can get it fm any cold storage..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reply Rima. I will check out CS later this weekend for the fingers.

Hope you achieve another great milestone in your baking hobby in your new kitchen :)

In the meantime, Happy Weekend and hope you have a good weekend with your lovely family.

Sally

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..