Menu

Vanilla Pandan Swiss Roll



When I was in Jakarta.. every afternoon during Sonia's nap time, i would go online searching for good recipes fm Indonesian websites.. well so far i hv been lucky with my choices of recipes and this is one of my fav recipes to date which i got fm Kitchenable..







I've baked this swiss roll twice so far... love the texture and taste.. love the aroma.. plus who doesnt like pandan cake with kaya jam? Original recipe is fm Inong and she uses blueberry and cheese as filling with no pandan paste... You can use a normal swiss roll pan but i am using a half zigzag swiss roll pan this time around (bought it at Toko Titan :o)







Ingredients
A
7 egg yolks
4 egg whites
80 gr sugar ( I use icing sugar for less sweet)
50 gr self raising flour
1 tbs milk powder
1 tsp emulsifier
1 tbs water

B
65 gr butter - melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 tsp pandan paste

Filling:
Kaya Jam





Method
Preheat oven at 170 degrees . Lightly grease a half zigzag swiss roll tin (30x30).. line the base with baking paper.

In electric mixer bowl throw in all the ingredients A. Beat until white and fluffy. Turn off mixer and add melted butter gradually while stirring, scrap the bottom of the bowl. Add vanilla and spread half the mixture in swiss roll tin. Mix pandan paste on the rest of mixture, DO NOT overmix. Pour into vanilla mixture. Eventually the green mixture will stay in the bottom. Pop it in the oven for 15mins.

Meanwhile, place a wire rack on a work surface (you can swapped it with tea towel instead), cover with baking paper.

When the cake is cooked, cool down for 5 mins. And turn it out onto baking paper...pipe jam in between zigzag and spread the rest thinly throughout. Roll the cake up from the long side, don't worry if you squeeze a little bit. Place the cake seam-side down onto serving tray. Trim each side using serrated knife.



3 comments:

Yat Maria said...

Hi Rima..

So that is 1/2 zigzag swiss roll pan !?! LOL *thump forehead!* really...I didnt know..that shows. kesian nya :)

sw it be4 but didnt take a closer look on what was it...he he..

Rima said...

Yat
I don't think I hv ever seen the half zigzag pan here.. Only the full zigzag aje.. I bought it cos murah.. Under $3.. A little challenging tho waktu first time mengulung but manageable ah

lenyh said...

hi there... im a big fan of ur blog. i tried this recipe twice but just not successful. the batter just doesn't want to double up. it turned out to have two layers after baking. one layer turns to b like pancake, very dense after baking. do you know what might b my mistake? having said that i didn't put emulsifier. could that b why? is it a must to put emulsifier? thank u for ur help.

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..