Menu

Blueberry - Lemon Cake




Boo Hoo i am down with a slight flu
It started this morning.
I woke up with a headache,
and sore throat
and know
today wasn't gonna be a great day.
Sure enough.
Right now,
my head is so stuffed up.
Yikes.
honestly I hardly fall sick and
when i do it makes me feel
really really restless
Anyway I think I must hv gotten it fm my little Sonia 
who caught the flu bug 2 days ago and shes
recovering fast
thank goodness she didnt hv any fever!





Soooo ok finally today I managed to bake
the cake that i hv been wanting to bake
since like last week
Good choice.. thank god i baked it cos u wanna
know what??
This cake is super awesome...
super moist...
delish..
lemony..
and and ohhhhh sooo sooo yummy...
Perfect!
hb ate his first slice in less then 5 mins and said..
"oh wow.. this cake is bloody good!"
So
there u go.. if u gonna bake something
for the New Year
this cake shud be the ONE!





Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups blueberries (i used 1 cup)
zest of a lemon (I added)
1 tsp vanilla extract (I added)

Lemon Glaze:
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice



Method
Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
Grease and flour 9" by 5" metal loaf pan.
In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
In large bowl, in mixer at low speed, beat margarine and sugar just until blended.
Increase speed to medium; beat about 5 minutes, until light and creamy.
Reduce mixer speed to low; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition until well blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
Add in vanilla and lemon zest (thats hb zesting the lemon haha) 
Alternately beat flour mixture and milk into egg mixture, mixing just until blended.
Gently stir in blueberry.
Spoon batter into loaf pan.
Bake loaf 1 hour 5 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Place sheet of waxed paper until wire rack.
Cool loaf in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and place on rack.
With cake tester or skewer, prick top and sides of warm loaf all over.
Prepare Lemon glaze: In small bowl, mix lemon juice and sugar. With pastry brush. brush top and sides of warm loaf with lemon glaze.
Cool loaf completely on rack.

Applying A Glaze:
Besides adding flavour to a cake, tea bread, or tart, a glaze can give a smooth, lustrous finish and seal in its moisture. Glazes can be as simple as melted jam, or a mixture of sugar and liquid. Set the cake over waxed paper to catch drips. For a flavor that permeates, prick the cake all over, then brush glaze over the top and sides of the still-warm cake.




Source: The Good Housekeeping Step-by-Step Cookbook

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..