Menu

Blueberry Boy Bait



Oh, I'm such a wild girl!

NOT.

I've been a pretty boring chica lately. Sometimes, I think my excitement for the day is driving 10km/h over the speed limit with two hands on the steering wheel...hahah sooo NOT!! err well thats how i feel lately... really... are u that boring Rima?? i get excited over nothing when i go to supermarket.. like a child in some toy shop OR i get excited when its time for me to stock up my baking pantry... how is that so?? i wonder?? what happened to the old Rima? the one that kept a look out at whats new with LV, Gucci and Tiffany :o(

I guess my priority has changed... mellowed down lots... well not that i am no longer buying any... but every single time i go out i ended up buying stuff for Sonia... girls stuff... they are wayyyyy too cuteeeee!! hehhee



So ok... why is it called blueberry boy bait?? it was told that like any recipe with a great name, this also has a great story... which was that in 1954, a 15-year-old girl stole the show (but only won second prize) in the junior division of an early Pillbury Bake-Off with a variation of this recipe, named, she said... after the effect it had on boys... well i can imagine.. this cake is delicioussss, butteryyyyy, rich single-layer cake studded with fresh blueberries and swaddled in a sheet of cinnamon sugar...the boys in my house reached for a second serving... Thus, I guess the truthfulness on the story behind this cake..



Ingredients
2 cups plus 1 tsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp table salt
16 tbsp unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened (226g)
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs (abt 60g each)
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, do not defrost first as it tends to muddle in the batter)

Topping
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (do not defrost)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Method
For the cake:
Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 180C. Grease and flour 13 by 9-inch baking pan (i used 9x9)

Whisk two cups flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl. With electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, about two minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just incorporated and scraping down bowl. Reduce speed to medium and beat in one-third of flour mixture until incorporated; beat in half of milk. Beat in half of remaining flour mixture, then remaining milk, and finally remaining flour mixture. Toss blueberries with remaining one teaspoon flour. Using rubber spatula, gently fold in blueberries. Spread batter into prepared pan.



For the topping:
Scatter blue-berries over top of batter. Stir sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl and sprinkle over batter. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 45 to 50 min.. cool in pan 20 mins, then turn out and serve on serving platter (top side up).. serve warm or at room temp

NOTE: Cake can be stored in airtight container, room temp for up to 3 days (lol 3 days? mine almost done.. hb and hairi kept on eating!)



Source: Cook's Country

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..