Menu

Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies



This is the ultimate cookie for any chocolate lover... as u guys know... good chocolate produce good taste so go for valrhona chocolate. I dont think I have ever tasted any other cookie that's more chocolate decadent than this one. One bite...will send you to chocolate heaven and right now i feel guilty thinking how many of this sucker had gone into my tummy! gulp..This recipe is from Nigella Lawson.

Ingredients
4oz semisweet chocolate (I use valrhona)
1 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted (i use valrhona)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (113g) soft butter *room temperature*
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 egg, cold from the fridge
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels(chips) dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate
( I used 1 cup of chocolate chip and 1/2 cup of almonds)

Method
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Melt the chocolate.
Measure the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Sift them.
Cream the butter and 2 sugars in another bowl, using a mixer. Add melted chocolate and mix together.Beat in vanilla extract and cold egg,and then mix in dry ingredients. Finally stir in chocolate chips.Scoop out 1/4 cup sized mould and placed them on a lined baking sheet about 2 1/2 inches apart.Do not flatten them.
Bake for 18 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure they come out semi-clean and not wet.Leave to cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes,then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool
According to Nigella.. this recipe yields 12 huge cookies...i prefer smaller cookies so i used 2 forks to scoop and managed to yield abt 30 pcs

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..